I started this blog because every time I wanted to share a serious story or just
complain on my blog, I felt like I was peeing in someone's Cheerios. Then some
friends wanted to participate in the venting, so now it's a group blog. Yeah, we
have other blogs, but this blog provides a forum for us to puke out our serious
or crabby sides without ruining someone's breakfast.



Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Because I'm The Mommy! That's Why!!!

Why is it that children feel like they don't have to listen to something you say the first twelve times you ask and then when you finally get their attention (usually by screaming at them to LISTEN!!!) they ask...

WHY?

Why!?! Please tell me you didn't ask me that.

Do I really have to explain myself to my children??? Shouldn't they just do it because I am the Mom and I asked them to??? (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha) Well, maybe that part only works in Hollywood, but I would really like it to catch on at my house.

3 comments:

Annie said...

ALISON! YOUR SOUNDING LIKE YOUR MOTHER!!! LOL

Tracy said...

I think my kids do it on purpose. It's not that they tune me out. They actively ignore me.

I've tried actively ignoring them. When they're bugging me with a question, I say, "I'll start listening to you when you start listening to me."

I get their attention for a few minutes then. :)

Emmy said...

Boy do I know how that feels. I was thinking the same thing today!