Alright, well it looks like I am the only one who has stuff to complain about. Not really sure I know how to feel about that...
That being said.
Why is it that as soon as you sit down for a "Mommy Moment", you know, those times that you have been running around all day and decide that for two seconds you are going to sit your butt down in a chair and, oh, I don't know, BLOG?, check e-mail, or even better (at my house at least) make a stinkin' phone call, (serious run-on sentence going here) that your kids decide that they no longer want to watch a movie that up until the second you sat your sorry butt down, they were TOTALLY into, or decide that they need a different color cup, or (my personal favorite) body slam their little sister?
Seriously, kids must have this alarm in their heads that screams at them, "Warning! Warning! Your mother is taking a minute for herself. Warning! Warning!" Does anyone know how to short circuit said alarm?
I feel like I am a fairly creative person when it comes to keeping my kids entertained (not every day of course, sometimes they need to work through boredom, right???) I will make a batch of salt dough and let them create, I will make sugar cookies and let them decorate. OK, TOTALLY busted, the sugar cookies are actually for me...YUM! But no matter the lengths I go to, it is never appreciated or enjoyed in quite the way I was hoping. I guess I should learn the lesson and just let them body slam each other...much less work.
So next time you try to call me on the phone, or send an e-mail, know that I will most likely have screaming children in the background demanding the blue bowl and not the perfectly fine Nemo bowl that I thought would be more fun and spent more stinkin' money on.
Someday, this will totally be worth it. Someday, this will totally be worth it. Someday, this will be totally worth it. That's right, keep repeating it, suck it up and know that someday they will appreciate all this work!
They will appreciate it someday, right???
It's been awhile.....
6 years ago



2 comments:
You know how dogs can hear sound at a much higher pitch? Well, I think kids have that same sensor for when mom gets on the phone.
And just so you know - my food storage post can count as a complaint. But I also thought it was funny, so it was really a toss up and my blog won. :D
But count it if it makes you feel better. xoxoxoxo
I ♥ your blog! Have an awesome weekend :)
Post a Comment